You'll love this car. I drove it from the east coast when I moved here and I can't part with it, but I can live with sharing the joy. I've hit 88 mph but I did not travel back in time, much to my disappointment ;)
A little more info:
- 3.0si inline 6 cyl - 6 speed short throw manual - 215HP - 3090lbs - 0-60 in 5.4s
- new Run Flat tires and brakes
- only 84k miles - low for a car this age
- exterior is near perfect (when the birds leave her alone)
- top is soft / automatic - needless to say, there's no blind spot with the top down
- sport mode button for a little more HP, tighter suspension, and quicker throttle response - technically a lot more HP per lb - 255 HP, 0-60 in 5.1s
- the performance wheels have a larger surface area in the back for added traction
- it's very low to the ground so be careful on dips and speed bumps
- typical of BMWs, it has rollback prevention (aka Hill Assist) which in SF makes life a lot easier on the hills -
- trunk space is not affected with the top down
- heated seats for when you get chilly
- all that power and 27 mpg hwy (if you're not going 90 down the 5, that is)
- Bluetooth connectivity (although depending on your phone you may have problems, I've heard this is the case with many installations these days)
Just got an oil change (full synthetic) so it's a smooth ride.
If you are comparing this car to a Porsche, the major difference is that the engine weight is in the front so when you take a turn you won't feel like there's a large bear hanging onto the back of the car. It's also lighter and brakes faster which makes it safer to drive.
Oh, and her name is Hilde, short for Brunhilde, pronounced Hil-dee. She likes to go fast and turns on a dime but please be gentle with her clutch, and only give her the good stuff (91 octane).