You'll love this car. I drove it from the east coast when I moved here and I can't part with it, but I can live with sharing the joy. I've hit 88 mph but I did not travel back in time, much to my disappointment ;)
A little more info:
- 3.0si inline 6 cyl - 6 speed short throw manual - 215HP - 3090lbs - 0-60 in 5.4s
- new Run Flat tires and brakes
- only 84k miles - low for a car this age
- exterior is near perfect (when the birds leave her alone)
- top is soft / automatic - needless to say, there's no blind spot with the top down
- sport mode button for a little more HP, tighter suspension, and quicker throttle response - technically a lot more HP per lb - 255 HP, 0-60 in 5.1s
- the performance wheels have a larger surface area in the back for added traction
- it's very low to the ground so be careful on dips and speed bumps
- typical of BMWs, it has rollback prevention (aka Hill Assist) which in SF makes life a lot easier on the hills -
- trunk space is not affected with the top down
- heated seats for when you get chilly
- all that power and 27 mpg hwy (if you're not going 90 down the 5, that is)
- Bluetooth connectivity (although depending on your phone you may have problems, I've heard this is the case with many installations these days)
Just got an oil change (full synthetic) so it's a smooth ride.
If you are comparing this car to a Porsche, the major difference is that the engine weight is in the front so when you take a turn you won't feel like there's a large bear hanging onto the back of the car. It's also lighter and brakes faster which makes it safer to drive.
Oh, and her name is Hilde, short for Brunhilde, pronounced Hil-dee. She likes to go fast and turns on a dime but please be gentle with her clutch, and only give her the good stuff (91 octane).
2006 BMW Z4New Tires - Sport Package - 6spd manual - low miles15520
Outstanding experience! Zach is a cool guy! The car was better than expected
Such an incredible car, had an absolute blast. Zach is super cool and very easy to work with. Thought it was especially cool that he embraces this platform for "renting out" his Z4 to car enthusiasts. Hope to work with Zach again for sure!
The ride was fantastic. Look for Zach's Z4 if you want the top off as you cross the Golden Gate Bridge. His location is perfect to cut through the cities traffic if you're going to wine country for example. Highly recommended!
Zach made it extremely easy for us to get the car and was extremely professional. Car was perfect to put the top down and drive up the coast for the day. Would definitely do again and recommend. Lot better then paying $250 for a automatic Mustang from Hertz.
I booked Hilde for my one day roadtrip to silicon valley, to see Apple HQ, Stanford, etc. It was really great experience. Zach is really friendly guy, showed me all about the car and I really liked driving it. Zach was flexible about pickup and return location so that was a BIG plus for me since I am not from SF or US. If you want to experience the surroundings with a great car and a convertible, make sure you check this car out and have a great rides ;)
Zach was great - he dropped our car off at our location, was flexible in when we returned it, and went over all the features of the car. The Z4's clutch was in tip top shape, the engine was strong, and the car handled the PCH like it was on rails. Looking forward to my next trip.
Hilde was AMAZING! Zach was awesome and super nice. He met up with us at our AirBnB and gave us the tour of the car. He had some perfect recommendations for where to drive and they were spectacular! Driving up the 101, Muir Woods, out to Bonita Lighthouse, all of it. Such an amazing way to see the city! Definitely doing it again next year!
Zach was an amazing renter. Very accommodating and professional. And let's say that this Z4 (Brunhilde) is quite the drive. If you ever need to feel like you're on top of the world down the PCH then this is the car for you.
Now, let me start by saying that Zach is an awesome guy that gives great service. He replied super fast and was very informative.
But lets talk about the bimmer now. The handling was spot on. For all of you bimmer fans - you oughta know that 2006 was z4s best model in terms of handling. It literally corners as if on rails.
The clutch is in tip top shape, very crisp and gentle. And gears shift like clockwork.
The exterior and and interior of the car borders on display level, and the convertible roof motor is as new, takes less than 10 secs to switch mode, and can be done even while driving under 10 mph without a hitch.
If you are looking for a beast roadster, and can handle with limited luggage space (as with every roadster) - i can say this - I seriously doubt you will find a better deal.