First time renting on Turo? Welcome! Use this referral code for $25 off your first trip: https://turo.com/referral?code=119594rmhSJF
The convertible Mustang is out and the Tesla Model S is in as the quintessential Hollywood car! And if you're going to rent a Model S why not rent the 691 horsepower P85D? Equipped with Insane mode (yes that's an actual thing), this car will rocket you to 60mph in just 3.1 seconds and you'll be in good company as that's the same 0-60 time as a Ferrari Enzo.
This car is equipped with Autopilot. AutoPilot is intended to be used on expressways and basically does everything. You can take your hands off the wheel though you shouldn't (and the car will yell at you if you do). The car will maintain speed, maintain distance from other cars, steer itself and will even change lanes by itself with just the flick of the turn signal indicator.
The tech package gets you turn by turn navigation, a power trunk, ambient interior lighting, HID headlights and a bunch more. If you like tunes you'll love the upgraded Sound Studio stereo system. Maybe you just want to see the sights. In that case you'll appreciate the all glass panoramic roof. Don't know where to go? The car's navigation system is a touch screen with Google maps. Type in "Hollywood Sign" and the car instantly displays it on a map along with directions as well as the best way to avoid LA's insane traffic.
This car is supercharger enabled which means you can grab about half a charge in 20 minutes from any number of superchargers in the area. Most hotels, malls and tourist spots also have level II charging. An adapter is included for use on those chargers as is a Chargepoint/ EVGO membership card so you can use them free of charge. Worried about finding charging locations? The navigation map displays the locations of superchargers for a quick charge. Simply press the charger of choice and you'll be instantly greeted with directions.
The car seats 4 adults comfortably, 5 in a pinch. Between the rear hatch and the front trunk there is cavernous amounts of storage, more than any 4 door sedan you've ever driven. We will supply a booster seat upon request.
Our only ask is that you return the vehicle to us with 50 miles of range and that you return it reasonably clean. No need to wash the outside.
The car includes it's standard charger as well as a membership card for EVGO and Chargepoint chargers and since you're in Los Angeles, chargers are all over the place. Check with your hotel. Many have Tesla chargers on hand.
Things to know:
- Vehicle is pet free and smoking free - Please no fury friends or smoking
- We are happy to provide a booster seat on request. Unfortunately no baby seats but feel free to bring your own.
- Please don't clean the outside of the vehicle. California is dry and dusty and we understand if you return the car to us in that state.
- Please do not leave garbage, food, etc in the car.
- This car is for public roads only. That means no trips the local race track.
- Charging is easy and upon rental we'll supply you with instructions on the various options you have.
- AN RFID charging card is included for the two most popular public chargers. Feel free to use this. There is no charge.