PLEASE READ: FOR THE FREE PICK-UP, YOU MUST GET THE VEHICLE FROM THE LAX TURO LOT AT THE CUSTOM HOTEL.
You're looking at a Brand New Fiat 500 100% Electric Vehicle. Again, this is ALL ELECTRIC. I have a lot of people who don't see this and then request the vehicle.
Its an all electric vehicle so you never have to fill up gas! It has a 80 mile range so if you need to run some errands around the area, this is the perfect car for you!
Open to all ages!
The car is also unlimited miles per day and we will give you the supplied charger. We also provide a free charging card so you can charge at most electric charging locations for free!! You can also charge this while shopping at the mall or anywhere else!
BLUETOOTH MEDIA CONNECTION
NO GAS NEEDED
USB PHONE CHARGERS
BOOK INSTANTLY FEATURE : PLEASE BOOK INSTANTLY ONLY IF YOU'RE WITHIN 30 MILES OF DOWNTOWN LA. IF NOT, PLEASE MESSAGE ME TO SEE IF IT'S POSSIBLE FOR DELIVERY! ALL AIRPORTS ARE EXEMPTED FROM THIS RULE.
2015 FIAT 500eUNLIMITED MILES Fiat Sport Free Charging!154.511
The owner cancelled this trip 3 days before it started. This message was automatically posted by Turo.
I had great hopes for Turo but may or may not use this application again.
3.5 stars for the car, 2 stars for the owner/company.
The good: the Fiat was a great fit for me. Got me to places and was easily maneuverable.
The bad: 1) Received inaccurate information for shuttle pick up. Similar to another reviewer, I ended up wasting an hr getting into contact and waiting for the Custom hotel shuttle.
2) when i arrived, my car wasn't even at the turo/custom hotel parking lot. The owner Tahsir had taken the car to charge right before I arrived. The car only had 30% on it by the time I had been uber'd from Custom hotel to this random location charging station.
3) getting stuck at said charging station. The charging station is owned by yahoo and doesn't let people use the lot on the weekends so I had to argue with the security guard to let me out.
4) flat tire. Within a few days of using said car, the car had a flat. I replaced the tire with a verbal agreement over the phone with Tahsir that he would refund me the cost of said tire. He has yet to refund me the cost.
5) THIS IS AN ELECTRIC CAR! And local means driving maybe 10-20 miles total a day because if you're trying to drive 20+ miles one way, you may end up stranded due to the long time it takes to charge the car via a home outlet and there aren't that many available free charging stations that have cellular access as the online app is required.
6) request for later return of car. I had texted Tahsir 4 days prior to my flight out and asked if it was possible to return the car at 1p instead of 1230p. Radio silence. I then called and texted him several times an hr and half before my return time. No response. Then I realized we could request an extension at a cost of $25, which I decided to do with 30 min to spare before the return time. Within 2 min, the request was 'approved by Tahsir.'
If the owner wished for me to go through that route, he could have just responded to me to request an extension but instead chose to ignore multiple messages and calls, thus forcing me to frantically request the extension while driving.
In conclusion, I may use the Turo application but warn others to be wary about which car and owner you rent from.
Starting with the good: the Fiat was very nice and new, and the airport pickup at the end of the rental was perfect. However, there were lots of little problems with this rental which would make me unlikely to rent from Tahsir again. I was given the wrong number to text when I arrived at the airport, so I ended up having to wait for over an hour to be picked up. The car was delivered with a 46% charge, and both the interior and exterior were dirty. Tahsir offered to credit me with $15 to get the car cleaned. The car did not come with the charging card described on the Turo page. When I asked Tahsir about this, he sent me his login information for the ChargePoint app. So I had to download an app before I could charge the car. The car did not have a license plate as of the time that I rented it—it has a temporary dealership insert and temporary registration, so one can’t legally use toll roads with the car unless one has a transponder. The car also did not come with the necessary Turo insurance card. The car was advertised as coming with Satellite radio, but this was not activated. Tahsir offered me credit for the “mishap” but did not reactivate the satellite radio. It was generally difficult to get ahold of Tahsir through the Turo website, and several times, I waited a week or two for a response (which I only got after following up). Also, note that the extension cord that is included with the car is not actually safe to use. The Fiat requires a cord rated for higher ampage than the one that is included; the included cord is a fire hazard.
The car was great! Charging points were very easy to find and use, never came close to running out of power. Tahsir was very helpful with any questions I had and his car is beautiful - strongly recommend it!
This was such an amazing experience- not only is working through Turo far better than any mainstream rental car experience, Tahsir was so awesome and helpful. Also, being able to choose the exact car I wanted, in this case an all electric Fiat, was a truly unique and enlightening experience- all electric is so seriously the way to go and hope to see this infrastructure expand to more places. Thanks for a great experience!