You can return the car free to the same garage if you let us know to buy a prepaid parking pass and tell the garage attendant that parking is pre-paid. Otherwise, there is a public charging station across the street (find details in the free PlugShare app).
It is also free to return at any public or private charging station in our area (we recommend hotels with EV stations and free airport shuttles).
We also offer emergency out-of-fuel returns. If you are unlucky enough to have the fuel go below 8% full, where the gauge shows only "--%", and then happen to use all that up before arriving at a station, the car will tell you in a female voice, "Power is limited", and a turtle icon will appear in the middle of the display panel. The car slows down and gives you about 1/2 mile to find safe parking.
At that point, you can ask Turo Roadside assistance if they will fast charge the car or tow the car to a nearby open charging station that you choose using the free PlugShare app or the car nav, or to a Nissan dealer that has a charging station.
You also have the option of returning the car there. Your refund will be offset by anything Turo charges us and any days already used. Please use the return procedure listed below. We will retrieve it as quickly as possible, and if you are still waiting in a safe location, then we can usually give you a short ride, or a ride in our direction, if you assist in steering the EV while being slowly towed.
You should follow a checklist when returning the car. We provide an incentive for returning the car charged or charging and following the following instructions explicitly. If you succeed, then your fuel will be free for your entire trip. If we find any item missing then you will charged all your actual fuel charges on your trip. Free stations and your own charging arrangements not on our account will still be free, of course.
1. If you return at the same spot, tell us at least 4 hours in advance to buy you a parking pass. Please tell the garage attendant that parking is pre-paid. If you choose a different garage, then we will charge you whatever we pay to retrieve the car, for up to 4 hours of parking. Note, most public stations have free parking.
2. Share any photos you deem important to prove lack of damage or extent of damage (we will do the same when we retrieve the car).
3. Set the plug lock to left of steering wheel on LOCK to prevent theft of the $975 cable.
4. Plug in the cable and assure that the car is charging (exactly one of the three dash lights blinking).
5. Return all items checked out to you to the hatchback floor. You may want to share a photo. Car key. ALL charging cards. User guides. Tire pump. Outdoor extension cord. Waterproof cord cover. Parking ticket to exit the garage (if you got one).
6. Before locking all 5 doors, it is important to check everything thoroughly.
(If you accidentally leave anything outside the car, then you can return it to us in a way that prevents loss, but we reserve the right to charge you if we do not find it and the right to not give you the free fuel incentive, especially if it is the car key or we have to spend time retrieving it.)
7. Once everything is checked, lock all 5 doors by opening the driver door and using the lock doors button on the door handle. Close the door and test all 5 doors to assure they are locked.
8. Text us through Turo that you have returned the car with the key in it, giving a nearby street address and a reasonable description of the actual location of the car.
The car is deemed returned at the time stamp of that message only if the car has been physically returned at that location at that time, even if it is later found inoperable or with a missing key or parts, for which compensation will be sought from you and insurance companies, jointly.