-What needs to be done before and after your trip starts/ends.
1) Pay Toll roads online https://thetollroads.com/ and upload picture via turo app
If you aren't aware that you went through a toll, we will send you the picture with the amount that's due and we will request via Turo a reimbursement for the amount needed.
2) Leave the vehicle in the same condition as found. We have a membership at a carwash SOAPY JOES with unlimited drive thru car washes and self service Vacuum stations NONE to your expense. There is one 5 minutes away near the vehicle's location: 6609 Mira Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92121. There are plenty more SOAPY JOES car washes, please refer to this website: https://soapyjoescarwash.com/locations/
3) Please fill Tank to full
4) Please drop off vehicle around the same area you picked it up in
5)Take photos of car BEFORE AND AFTER. Picture of [Front, Left side, right side back side] and one dashboard that shows mileage and fuel. Just a total of 5 photos is needed to save your time.
-Any physical damages or wear/tear on the vehicle?
Paint is wearing off and a small bump on the passenger rear side. [All prices are low to provide only convenience for safety transportation and not appearance]
-Are there any rules when driving this car?
1) Never leave the vehicle gas halfway empty to prevent damage in the fuel system. Due to the amount of guest using the vehicle, a car can stall due to a damaged fuel sensor. So please never leave the car halfway empty, just fill it up to FULL each time.
-Arriving late or early, need to change your appointment time or extension?--
If you are already on your way and you're arriving late or early please notify us immediately through Turo messages.
If you’re running late past the time assigned on the trip itinerary without communication you will be subject to a $50 late fee.
Need to change appointment time or extension? We always work with appointment time that was booked on behalf of the customer. The customer has access to change these times, and we do not. If you would like to change a times at the beginning of a trip or an ending trip, you would need to request the change in your Turo portal. Since we are also working with many other customers, We go based off of the itinerary time in your Turo portal and we do make plans for other drop offs and pick ups around your schedule. Just as a common courtesy please if you need to make a change in appointment time, please make the request as soon as possible. The change of a itinerary time can delay other appointments before or after you which would not be fair to anyone else who has already booked their appointment.
-Any additional charges?
1) If tank is not filled full, you will be charge the fee to fill up the tank as well as an "Inconvenience fee"
2)DELIVERY: We charge $120 for car delivery to the AIRPORT. This includes your appointment time requested for the car to be delivered and pickup at the busy airport and in your convenience without having to get an UBER.
If it is another location it will be $80 and will be delivered at the requested address [up to 20 miles within the range of Mira Mesa Blvd] and will be in a lockbox. When trip ends, it will be picked up on the same address with a lockbox at you convenience if you need to return it early.
3) The mileage limit: [Check your personal itinerary for given miles]
4)We provide some items in the vehicle for the convenience for our customers, although we will charge fees for certain items that are taken or lost:
1. Aux cord $20
2. USB Charger $20
3. Phone mount $25
4. Lock box $25
5. Safety roadside emergency kit $50
6. Missing Gas [Amount to fill up + "inconvenience fee"
7. Lost Vehicle key $25
8. Lost Vehicle key with transponder $250
-What if one of my DASHBOARD LIGHTS come on and what do they mean?
(!) - Tire Pressure - There are DISCOUNT TIRES which do them for FREE [or any tire shops] available everywhere. Please go to any of them for most vehicles have different tire pressures and it is best for Tire Professionals to do this due to the precision, doing it yourself can cause the tires be over inflated or deflated wearing the tire even more.
Check Engine Light - Our mechanics mention the check engine light can come on due to the weather, or a small glitch connector in the system which is may have no harm. If the check engine light starts to blink, please stop using the vehicle immediately and let us know right away. A blinking check engine light signifies a major problem. We've never had a blinking check engine light come on, although it is important for you to know to stop driving the vehicle if it is blinking.
Maint Req - this light may come on during your trip but please do not be alarmed. This signifies the vehicle is in need of an oil change. Most oil changes are required to be changed every 3,000 miles. Although, we use either BLEND or SYNTHETIC oil in our engines, which can take the vehicle up to 5,000-10,000 miles. So if this light turns on, just know you have at least another 2,000 miles to go before an oil change is actually needed.
These are the main lights that may come on during your trip. Any other lights that do come on the dash, please let us know right away via Turo messages. Thank you!
Messages via turo portal will also be answered periodically based on Business Hours, anytime after business hours, unless emergency will be answered during business hours.
-What are the current hours of operation?
Our current hours of operation is between 7am-8pm. If you have a airport booking not during the business hours we will drop the vehicle off at the residence/hotel you will be staying at [within 20 miles of Mira Mesa Blvd] and will put it in a lockbox. For guest residence/hotel location, it will be in a lockbox and will be accessible once your trip starts.
If no response within 30 minutes from one of us, Please call our personal tow: Mira Mesa Towing
(858) 586-2129 Let them know that this is a Turo vehicle and is part of Alyssa and Grace's vehicles and will need to be towed in the their Mira Mesa Location.
-Facts about the vehicle
1) Understand that this is an old car with a reasonable high mileage. Be wary of the noise it makes but performance will stay the same.
2) There is a connector glitch on the check engine light and do not be alarmed and it will sometimes turn on but it will turn off again shortly. A mechanic viewed the issue and stated it’s simply a faulty connector that will not have any affect on driving ability on the vehicle.
3) Right side mirror can only be move up and down
4) This car uses a spare key. We have the original key for safety purposes just in case a guest loses a key (which has happened in the past). So be aware the spare may not open doors as smoothly but will open and turn the car on. Please be gentle and patient if the key doesn't open the vehicle the first time around.
5) To lock and unlock: please place key in driver side door and turn key left (counterclockwise) to lock and turn right (clockwise) twice to unlock. Alternative way, press the lock button on driver side and should lock all doors on the vehicle.
6) To unlock /Lock TRUNK, place key in handle of trunk turn left to unlock and right to lock. Take key out, and push on the key hole as a button and should pop open the trunk.