Available for pickup in the Columbia Heights area, my Mazda3 hatchback is perfect for small/medium hauls from IKEA (the backseats fold down easily) or a trip around the District (parallel parking in a sinch). It has an upgraded Bose sound system, moonroof, AUX setup and cloth seats - perfect for these DC temperatures.
It's great on gas - average is about 32-35 MPG combined city and highway.
* Interior is decently clean (non smoking car and owner)
* Drives great and is really responsive. Zippy!
* Automatic transmission.
* Great trunk space as it's a hatch.
* Comes with parking for zone 1. (U Street, Columbia Heights, Adams Morgan, Mt. Pleasant, etc.) Check street parking signs first.
* Low mileage and no mechanical problems with it at all. I'm very consistent with its maintenance. It has minor scratches in the paint on one side thanks to the perils of driving in the District of Columbia.