up to 45MPG on the freeway. Seriously.
Now that I have your attention, please read this before moving on: THIS IS MY PERSONAL VEHICLE. Sending an inquiry and sitting on it while I make alternative transportation plans for myself, then canceling is not courteous and will be noted for future rentals. Serious inquiries only. Thanks!
You also need to be a PRE-APPROVED driver by RelayRides before you can rent any vehicle. Please be sure that is done before you attempt a reservation.
Sorry NO AIRPORT PICKUPS.
On with the car deets!
This car is hands down the BEST car I have ever owned! Here's why:
* FUEL ECONOMY - excellent gas mileage! The Honda website says 27/33, but I know it to be much higher than that, especially on the freeway. When I drive the speed limit on the freeway using cruise control, I can top 42+mph.
UPDATE: As of 7/3/13: Brand new tires, synthetic oil/new filter means even better gas mileage. As in 45 mpg on a recent road trip with cruise control set to 65. Yeeeehaaaaawwwww!
* IN DASH NAVIGATION - You'll never get lost! Includes searchable POIs, gas stations, parks, shopping, restaurants, etc.
* VOICE RECOGNITION - Can't remember where to return the car? Just hit the Voice button on the steering wheel and say 'Home' for directions from Debbie Destination back to my place.
* PADDLE SHIFTING - Drive in automatic, but shift like you're driving a stick shift.
* TONS OF STORAGE/HAULING SPACE - The back seats fold all the way down to the floor, or all the way up to the trunk, creating tons of space. I even put my road bike in the back seat without ever opening the trunk.
* STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS - change the radio station, advance to the next song on your CD, or ask the in-dash Navigation for help, all without taking your hands off the wheel.
* USB AUDIO INTERFACE - hook up your USB device (iphone, ipod, thumb drive) and listen to music or audiobooks. The port is located in the upper glove box.
* SUPER ROOMY - I hauled around my family this summer (3 passengers, plus me, and our stuff) and everyone remarked how roomy it was and how comfortable they were on long drives.
The car also comes with the following for your roadtripping comfort: blanket, emergency kit, sunshade for front windshield, umbrellas, USB cable (for your iPhone), extra reusable shopping bags, removable garbage bag. Add in flexible pick-up/drop-off times, AND a gas station across the street, and you will love renting the "LPC" (Little Purple Car).