Mike is a really great and personable guy. I liked meeting him and found him to be easy going and kind. Unfortunately, there wasn't much about this rental that worked for us as renters.
* owner unaware of our booking until night before (missed emails)
* car not at airport (per description) -- because of our air travel schedule and possible delays, we knew in advance this was important and selected this car accordingly
* 1 hr wait for pick-up (after a long travel day filled with delays, this was really annoying)
* car not the one we rented
* car was not in good mechanical condition (loose shocks, questionable battery, interior smelly and ratty, burning brake/oil smell, spongy brakes, illegal window tinting)
* Mike was so nice
* once communication was established, Mike worked hard to stay in touch
* Mike did what he could to make good on his commitment
I have to also note that we made the mistake of not realizing we needed to return the car gassed back up. Mike was very nice about this and we reached a resolution amicably.
This is only my 2nd Turo experience and I have learned that while RR can be great, it also takes a level of proactivity not necessary with the traditional rental car model. My best advice is that if a renter doesn't hear from an owner after multiple communications, the renter should cancel the rental. The fact that our owner was unaware of our rental (and that we were prepaid) made it necessary for both parties to accept a less than ideal situation.