Nov '15 update: I have lowered airports to $30 and in the city delivery to $10 -- this covers the gas and the parking in the terminal or the uber home. It's a small way of saying thanks to all my past drivers and future partners in this Turo journey! I am also adding instant booking on select dates, I've gotten rave reviews on the lockbox access!
Folks please also be careful with tickets... 3 speeding tickets via cameras so far!
Through Turo, I have become a firm believer in the mission and vision of the sharing economy. The stories shared by renters who are driving to the big interview or attending their grandmother’s 95th birthday have made it well worth the time/energy and, in some ways, makes me feel like I am a part of your lives. The coolest so far are the ex-pat missionaries living in Zimbabwe who are visiting for the weekend! No worries, you can still rent my car even if your story doesn’t come with warm and fuzzies ☺
As I have stewarded many first time riders through the rental process, I encourage you to ask questions -- the more the better. I also ask that you share feedback, ideas or things I can do better -- my offering is simply a reflection of the perspectives of those before you. I believe the confluence of their thoughts and my commitment to make it a seamless experience for you is what makes all the difference. To all the future riders, my hope is you become a part of our journey and the Turo community -- I look forward to working with you!
All my best –
- Purchased in April '14. Leather seats + seat warmers + Sunroof
- iPass! Bluetooth! iPhone AND Android charger! Bike Rack! Snow Shovel! (this did come in handy for a renter ☺).
- 28 city/38 highway MPG pared with low gas prices = win for you!!
- For out of state travels, know that I am open to +miles for your trip -- just ask
- I do my best to keep the car clean. which means car washes 4-6x a month, spot vacuums with my fancy Dyson and a good sanitize before every rental. I also religiously follow the maintenance schedule.
- My renters and I have established a great track record on pick-up/drop-offs especially airports -- ease and flexibility are the words I hear most often! (note that I can arrange pick up/drop offs elsewhere too). I am a bit different than most owners -- I am not a stickler for picking up or dropping off on time. Chicago traffic is so unpredictable so giving you a bit more runway for drop/pick up keeps you safe, offers peace of mind and of course, gives you enough time to get through security! I have a lock box on the car so you can access the car securely without wasting time if you need to duck in or duck out sooner or later. .
- Seats 5 comfortably and back seats can fold down... I can attest you can go to Ikea and fit most things or another bike (Elantra fact: more space than competitor vehicles in same class)
- Nimble with the turns and smooth highway driving… both done in style. People seem to enjoy the dark blue exterior with the tan interior
- It’s Hyundai like Sunday!!!!