MINI Countryman 2011
Great host but terrible car.
- It was a first trip for me on Turo. Pick up was at 8pm well after dark.
- Host was helpful and friendly.
- Car was dirty on outside. Not full on dirt but weeks of dust and wheels were never washed, lots of dark residue on silver surface from braking.
- Inside was clean but over done with that gooey shiner. I wiped inside surfaces myself after picking up.
- It drives ok. BUT acceleration is VERY sluggish (slow). Very nosy engine
- Artificial car freshener was at very heavy use prior picking up. We were unable to drive far (only around 115 kilometers out of 1200) . All our clothes were smelly and nose itchy after being in this vehicle. We left car freshener with the host but it didnt help. Smell stayed in car for all 3 days.
- cosmetically conditions Poor! Many damages on a trim and plastic, rubber guards thorn, self made tinting pealed of.
- Odometer around late 80K but it drives and look like VERY USED CAR with 300K+ miles
All and all - do NOT rent this car. Its an old beater with NO Leisure to drive.
Hope other cars are better.
Let me start out by saying that this was my first experience renting through Turo, but by no means am I a new driver as I do have my own vehicle that I use daily.
Moving on to the review... I needed a vehicle that was relatively close to where I live, but most of the vehicles that were available were halfway across the city. Luckily, I stumbled upon an ad posted by Walid. For this particular rental, I also needed a good allowance for mileage as I was planning on taking the vehicle outside of the city, and the 400km daily allowance fit the bill. Upon reading the excellent reviews, and seeing the great selection of vehicles at reasonable prices, I knew that I had found my match.
I rented the MINI Cooper Countryman, which was well maintained and had no mechanical issues whatsoever. As anyone should do before taking off on a trip with an unknown vehicle, I familiarized myself with all of the features, gadgets and gizmos and found that they were all functioning as expected. The gas tank was more than half-full at time of pickup which was more than sufficient to get me where I needed to go.
Although Walid was unavailable to meet up with me when I picked up the car, I had no problems obtaining the keys from his wife and was given plenty of time to inspect the vehicle before taking possession of it. Fortunately, I had the pleasure of meeting Walid upon my return and he was every bit as polite and courteous as the other previous reviewers have already mentioned.
As an aside for all other renters out there... I can tell that Walid has pride of ownership and takes great care of his vehicles, and as temporary stewards of other people's property, we owe it to the hosts to show them and their property the respect that they deserve. As long as we all remember to return the property in the same condition in which we would want to receive it ourselves, then we can make the experience fun and memorable for everyone.
All in all, Walid was an absolute delight to deal with and I had a wonderful first-time experience renting through Turo, and will definitely be back again (probably sooner than later)! ;)