- The RX-8 has a 6 speed MANUAL Transmission. If you are not proficient in driving a manual transmission, please do not rent the car. You will be required to demonstrate your driving proficiency before departing. In the event that the gearbox and/or clutch comes back damaged upon return, there will be additional charges applied. Please treat my car with care, as if you own it.
- The RX-8 takes premium fuel only, you will be required to provide all fuel receipts clearly showing you have used 91 octane fuel. Failure to provide receipts will result in additional charges. The gas tank will be full upon departure, when you drop off the car, the tank should be returned to full.
- Rotary Engines are not like traditional piston engines, there are certain things you must do and cannot do when it comes to a rotary car. I recommend reading up on Do's and Don'ts on Rotary engines before your rental. There are many things, but ther main ones are:
1. Do not drive until the car has warmed up. (I will show you what indicates this on the dash)
2. Do not shut off or stall the car when the engine is cold. (This leads to flooding and will end your rental, as it requires repairs)
3. Do not let the engine overheat. (Rotary engines get very hot, and hard driving can cause them to overheat easier than regular engines. After some revs, let the car cool down by gentle driving on the highway)
- The car will be given to you fully cleaned we do not expect it to be detailed, but it must come back in a similar condition, otherwise a cleaning fee will apply.
- The vehicle will be tracked by GPS and be tracked for aggressive driving. (Drifting, Donuts, Excessive time at redline, etc.