There’s nothing worse than trying to book a car only to find out the car isn’t available, or worse, the owner is out of town and can’t deliver the car. Aside from the daily rate, here are some things to look for when booking a vehicle for you next adventure
1. Response times: Make sure the owner has a fast response time. Look for response times of under 1 hour.
2. Reviews: Look for owners with consistent 5 star reviews. What you want to look for is words like “clean, professional, prompt, responsive”
3. Age of the car: Turo instructs car owners to list the year of the car. If there is no year listed, move on. Perhaps the age of the car was intentionally left out for a reason.
4. Free Delivery: If the delivery is FREE, read to find out if the car is being delivered to YOU for free versus being delivered to a “nearby” location that you have to go Uber to in order to pick up the car.
5. Know the mileage limits. Make sure the daily mileage allotment can accommodate your needs. HACK: If the daily mileage limit is too low, avoid any overage fees by extending your rental an extra day.